never told me lexmark printer had to use circuit city ink

May 21, 2008
review #121675

I bought an acer computer package with acer computer,acer monitor and lexmark printer from circuit city.They never told me that circuit city was the only place you could buy the ink cartridges for the lexmark.

I called lexmark customer service and they confirmed that for the lexmark model x2690 and others-circuit city has an exclusive and you can only buy the ink cartridges from circuit city.

They told me that Circuit City should have told all their customers that bought that model printer that they had to come back there for their ink. While the computer and monitor are just as advertised and work well, I feel I was ripped off on the printer/scanner.

I never would have bought this package had I known that you could not buy your printer ink from any office supply store.

97b105c
Had an experience with Circuit City?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Louis

Apr 04, 2010

Have you ever considered lexmark.com with free shipping with any ink purchase? Other stores do sell it, staples, office max, walmart, lexmark.com, need any more?

jamesuss

Apr 03, 2009

First, the printer was free. Second, the printer had huge lettering on it that stated the ink was a circuit city exclusive. I guess it is too much to ask consumers to read stuff though.

dives2011

Oct 24, 2008

Same thing happened to me.

OH WAIT! No it didn't. What DID happen was that I read the box (which plainly says 'Ink available only at CC') and didn't buy it!

Amazing!

Guru

Oct 22, 2008

I had the same printer and needed to switch to a more multi-tasking printer which should be best for bulk printing. Recently got a Phaser 8560DN from freeprinterpromo.com for free. The only catch is that you need to buy the supplies from them. But it is still well worth it after 6 months of usage.

sho-ryu-ken

Oct 12, 2008

LOL

They got me too... However, the printer was FREE, so I don't see how anyone can complain about the exclusivity of ink refills.

Anyway, #u&k 'em --- what I did was pry the top of the cartridge open and with some bulk ink you just inject refills into the sponge inside. super easy and saves beaucoup $$$.

Don't get mad, get even!

TW

Aug 29, 2008

SOLUTION: BUY ONE CARTRIDGE FOR $20 AT CIRCUIT CITY AND THEN GET A REFILL KIT TO SAVE
MONEY. IT IS STILL NOT RIGHT FOR CIRCUIT CITY NOT TO TELL CUSTOMERS AS HAPPENED TO ME ALSO. NOTHING IS EVER "FREE"!!!

Sara

Aug 18, 2008

Same thing happened to me, but the printer was '"free" so I can't really complain much. Circuit City's website confirms they have the exclusive right to sell the ink, so Staples (or anywhere else) won't have it. But you can buy it online from Lexmark...if you don't mind paying NINE Dollars to ship it!

Tara

Aug 03, 2008 Peoria, Alberta

Staples does not sell the black cartridge for the X2690, at least not that I can see on their website. We have the same issue and got the same free printer after buying a new laptop. :(

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Circuit City.
Filing a new complaint about
×